- No excipients: tablets and capsules contain inert ingredients that don’t add any health benefits but are needed to form the tablet and to make sure it dissolves properly once swallowed. Bulking agents like microcrystalline cellulose, binders like dicalcium phosphate and rice flour, and anti-caking agents such as silicon dioxide and magnesium stearate often appear high up on the list of ingredients for these products.
- Artificial flavourings and sweeteners: gummies and liquid preparations contain flavourings, colourings, and sweeteners or sugars to make them palatable. These ingredients are often synthetic rather than natural. We use natural flavourings in three of our products: raspberry and mint in the menopause Balance formula; ginger and blood orange in Protect, our immune support blend, and salted caramel in the Sleep blend. For sweetness, we use stevia, a natural plant-based sweetener.
- Absorption: tablets and capsules need to be broken down in the digestive tract before the ingredients can be utilised by the body. This process relies on adequate levels of stomach acid, and a healthy digestive system. Powder forms sidestep this breakdown process and are much easier for the body to absorb. This means more of the active ingredients can reach their target tissues.
- FORTIGEL® and TENDOFORTE® are found in the Flex+ formula for joint and cartilage health. FORTIGEL® enhances the growth of healthy of cartilage, helping to support joint mobility and flexibility. TENDOFORTE® targets tendons and ligaments to improve flexibility and reduce the risk of injury.
- VERISOL® is used in our award-winning Glow+ blend for skin, hair, and nails. Taking the recommended daily serving provides 10,000mg of collagen which can visibly reduce lines and wrinkles in the skin, stimulate hair follicles, and strengthen nails in as little as 4 weeks.
- FORTIBONE® is part of the Balance blend for menopause. Falling levels of oestrogen during menopause affect bone health, leaving women at greater risk of fractures and osteoporosis post-menopause. The FORTIBONE® peptides are designed to enhance bone density and reduce bone degradation by stimulating bone-building cells and regulating enzymes that breakdown old bone tissue.
- IMMUPEPT™ peptides are used in Protect, our immune-support collagen formula. Research shows that the specific peptides in IMMUPEPT™ stimulate collagen-rich connective tissues involved in a healthy immune response, and may play a key role in managing inflammation, tissue damage, and oxidative stress.
- PEPTIPLUS® is part of Sleep, our collagen blend designed to aid restful, restorative sleep. Our bodies carry out intensive repair work while we sleep which calls for a plentiful supply of collagen peptides. PEPTIPLUS® aids healing and repair in collagen-rich tissues throughout the body, including joints, skin, hair, nails, and more.
High quality co-factor nutrients
Collagen doesn’t work alone. To be most effective it needs nutritional team-mates. Pura formulas incorporate a carefully selected range of high-quality co-factor nutrients to maximise the effectiveness of our collagen peptides.
We use a range of vitamins, minerals, and herbs for optimum results, including:
Vitamin C for collagen formation, immune function, and tissue repair after injury.
Vitamin D3 for regulating inflammation and a healthy immune response.
Zinc for immune health, mental wellbeing, healing and repair, and making melatonin, the sleep hormone.
Magnesium for smooth muscle function, energy, and hormone balance.
L-Glycine to relax the central nervous system, manage anxiety, and aid sleep.
Vitamin B12 for a healthy nervous system, cognitive function, and strong immune response.
Manganese for powerful antioxidant protection in joint tissues.
Hyaluronic acid to trap water in the skin for a plump texture and smooth feel.
KSM66 Ashwagandha to help menopausal women adapt and cope with hormonal changes that affect energy levels, mental wellbeing, and libido.
Soy isoflavones – a type of phytoestrogen (plant oestrogen) that can modulate the effects of fluctuating oestrogen levels and support bone health, cholesterol levels, and healthy blood pressure.
Sage extract to support temperature regulation and ease menopausal hot sweats and flushes.
Easy To Use
Our customers love the fact that Pura powders are so easy to use. Both Flex+ and Glow+ are unflavoured, making them an easy addition to juice, coffee, smoothies, yoghurt, or baked goods.
Protect is flavoured with natural ginger and blood orange extracts that blend well with orange juice, water, and warming herbal teas like ginger or cinnamon.
Balance has a refreshing raspberry and mint flavour – perfect for a mid-morning or mid-afternoon pick-me-up drink.
And Sleep mixes easily into warm water or hot milk for a soothing bedtime drink that is pretty much guaranteed to help you drift off to sleep.
Choose your collagen formula in the Pura Shop and discover brilliant recipes and ideas for using Pura collagen powders over on the Recipe section. From gingerbread people and red velvet cake to chicken noodle soup and collagen baked beans, there’s something to suit all tastes.