Warm and filling collagen soup!
Homemade tomato and basil collagen soup 🍅
- 1kg mixed ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 400-600ml hot vegetable stock
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2-3 tbsp caster sugar, to taste
- 150ml double cream
Heat a large, heavy-based saucepan over a medium to high heat. When the pan is hot, add the tomatoes and fry for 4-5 minutes, or until they have started to break down.
Add the garlic, basil, tomato purée, and two tablespoons of olive oil. Continue to cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
Pour in 400ml hot vegetable stock, bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat until the mixture is simmering. Simmer for 3-4 minutes. Add your collagen in here.
Once ready, remove the pan from the heat and use a stick blender to carefully blend to a purée.
Return the pan to a low heat to warm through and season, to taste, with salt, freshly ground black pepper and sugar.
Pour in the cream and return the mixture to a simmer. Continue to simmer for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with fresh bread and enjoy.