Skip to content
Collagen Cinnamon Buns
Collagen Cinnamon Buns 🧁
Makes 8 buns Mixture:
- 480ml almond milk
- 115g vegan butter
- 50g granulated sugar
- 1 packet of dried yeast
- 690g flour
- 1tsp salt
- 170g butter
- 165g brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 160g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 vanilla extract
- Add your preferred amount of glow+ or flex+
- Grease your baking tin with vegan butter.
- In a large bowl whisk together the almond milk, melted butter, and sugar. The mixture should be warm (37-43°C) if it's hotter allow time to cool.
- Sprinkle the yeast over the warm mixture and leave it to rest for 1 minute.
- Add 5 cups of flour and 1 teaspoon to the milk mixture and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and set it in a warm place to rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- After 1 hour, the dough should have nearly doubled in size. Remove the cling film. Add additional flour if needed until the dough loses its stickiness and doesn't stick to the surface.
- Roll the dough out into a large rectangle about 1cm thick.
- Spread softened butter evenly over the dough.
- Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll up the dough, form a log, and pinch the seam closed.
- Divide into 8 portions and place in the greased tin.
- Wrap in cling film and leave for 30 minutes to prove further.
- After 30 minutes have passed, place the cinnamon rolls in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- While the cinnamon rolls are cooking it's time to prepare the frosting! Whisk together powdered sugar, almond milk, Pura Collagen and vanilla until smooth.
- While still warm drizzle the icing over the buns.